22 Struggles Every Girl With Short Hair Will Understand
I’m fine, Mom. I just really love short hair, OK?
1. You spend way too much time surfing the web looking at cute hairstyles.
2. It takes you even longer to actually decide what kind of haircut you want.
3. You find yourself getting jealous at how cute other girls look with short hair because you’ve been battling to find the perfect cut forever.
Knowing my luck, if I get mine cut like that I’m going to look like Justin Bieber.
4. You end up printing 5 different pictures to show your hairstylist before you get it cut.
I’m not sure what style I want, is it possible to do all 5? Or…? No? Oh, OK. This changes everything. I’ll be right back…
*Prints 5 different pictures*
5. You’ve heard this from a hairstylist at least once: “Are you sure? You’re positive you want it this short? Because there’s nothing I can do when I start cutting.”
YES! CUT IT OFF. HURRY.
6. You’ve also had your fair share of bad haircuts.
That one time a hairstylist might’ve given you a masculine looking cut…never forget.
7. You need to get a haircut every month or else it starts growing into a weird shaped mullet.
8. When you have to go through so many different bad hair stages just to grow your pixie cut into a normal looking bob.
9. When someone thinks you’re a boy at least once a week.
10. It takes you even longer to decide what to wear so people still won’t confuse you for a boy.
11. You’re always running out of hair products.
12. And losing your precious bobby pins.
13. You waste so much money on accessories for your cut.
Namely hair bands.
14. Hat hair has an entirely different meaning to you.
15. After a while you get bored with how to style your short hair.
16. And you begin to miss your long hair
Especially when you see someone put their hair up into a pony tail or a fancy braid updo.
17. All those unrealistic expectations of online tutorials for how to style your hair or grow out a pixie cut.
Failures, all of them.
18. Hearing this from your family: “But why did you have to cut it all off? You looked so much better with long hair. Now you look like a child.”
19. Going outside will destroy your hair.
The wind is EVIL.
20. You need to wear a scarf 24/7 in the winter so you can keep warm.
21. If it’s a bad hair day, it’ll stay that way.
22. You constantly feel the need to cut your hair all the time.
It’s even worst when you’re trying to grow it out.
You’ve had experience with different cuts but you’ve come to realize that short hair is definitely your favorite.
Short hair ftw, always.